It’s an exciting time – you’ve decided to move from your current home into the home or neighborhood of your dreams. Now it’s time to consult with your Realtor, because an expert agent can advise on how to prepare your home to make a beautiful first impression and attract maximum attention – and prospective buyers. These tips for listing your home for sale from the National Association of Realtors will help your home shine!
1. Elevate curb appeal. Winter’s harsh conditions may have the exterior of your home looking a little worse for wear. Power wash your home, walkways, porches, fences, driveway, deck and all other outside surfaces. Freshen landscaping by picking up fallen leaves, broken branches, and other debris, then bring your yard back to life with seasonal plantings and a fresh layer of mulch.
2. Clean out, declutter and repair. Buyers want to imagine themselves living in their own home, not yours, so remove all personal items such as photos, quirky collections, knick-knacks and most art objects. Fresh paint in a light and bright neutral color provides an immaculate blank slate for buyers. For the most part, today’s buyers are not looking for a project. Consult with your Realtor about which repairs are needed to make sure your home is in tip-top shape to attract desired buyers.
3. Stage to perfection. Some surveys show that sellers get back the money they paid for a professional stager times three. When potential buyers tour your home either online or in person, you have only seconds to hook them, to make them want to see more. A stager, working closely with your real estate agent, will help you set the tone for that first look.
4. Hire a professional photographer. Data shows the 97 percent of new home searches start online. Eye-catching photography is the first opportunity you have to engage potential buyers—whether online or in print—and you never get a second chance to make a first impression.
5. Price strategically. Smart sellers know that a strategic price attracts maximum attention – and prospective buyers. Today’s buyers understand home values. They’re jumping on things that are well priced, but they’re passing on homes they don’t think are worth what the seller is asking. Pricing is critical.
The Lipman Group Sotheby’s International Realty, serving Greater Nashville from our office at 2002 Richard Jones Road, Suite C-104, Nashville, TN, 37215. For more beautiful homes, see thelipmangroup.com.